Wednesday, July 1, 2009

If it's Wierd It'll Happen to me


First let me say that my post's title is not a "woe is me" title. It's in fun at the situation. Today, I had my glucose test for gestational diabetes that I mentioned last week. So, first Joey and I went back over some of the medical records in my chart to verify exactly what type of c-section I had with Tobi. From all the documentation we could find, it was not the classical (more dangerous) section we had assumed for quite some time. I feel more at peace about that, but still do not want to risk my health or Luke's in going past 36 weeks, which could be life-threatening if I had the classical section. He couldn't find the dopplar to check the heart rate, so he did another quick ultrasound. Luke's heart rate was great, and from the area he could see without going as low as necessary for optimal view, the cervix looked great- plenty of length and no funnelling, which would be signs of premature labor. I've gained about 15-18 lbs total, I had gained 22 with Tobi by 26 weeks, and I will be 26 weeks tomorrow. Honestly, I dont care if I gain 100lbs as long as Luke arrives healthy and fullterm. I drank the "koolaid", waited an hour, and then got my finger pricked (I'd rather have a shot-like my weekly progesterone shots- or IV than a finger prick cause it always throbs later!). I went to schedule my appointment for next week, and the nurse walked over and asked me if my glucose was elevated when I was pregnant with Tobi. I wasn't sure, but I didn't think so. She said that my glucose level was 202!!! Now, for a normal patient they put you on a "gestational diabetic" diet at 135! I was shocked. I knew when she told Joey, he would be as well. I heard him come out of a patent's room, and heard him say, "I don't believe that at all!" He looked down the hall at me and said he didn't think that was right. I told them I had had a coke (max of 8 oz) from the time I left work at 11:30 until I got my finger pricked at 2pm. They weren't sure if that could have caused it, but nevertheless, I will have the fasting glucose tolerance test next Tuesday at 8am. I am NOT worried, but I ask you to pray in agreement with me that this will be proven false, and is just Satan's way of trying to scare me. Like I said last week, my diet, having CPT2, must be low fat and high carb (75%) due to my bodies difficulty of metabolizing fats and proteins stored as energy. So, that's how my appointment went.

Now, I had a very interesting conversation today. I have a friend (to remain anonomoys) that has been having a difficult time in his\her family life, and God has really been using this difficult situation to strengthen his\her faith and reveal Himself to him\her as never seen before. Not that this is the situation, but I was reminded how much we will endure in life, sometimes of our own choosing, because we wont call out to Him in total surrender of our lives. He's right there with us, wanting to intervene in our lives, at times of His choosing, and we're just determined to do it on our own. Today I read about Zacchaeus in Luke 19: 1-10. Zacchaeus was a labeled kind of worst-of-the-worst sinners- a tax collector. Imagine today, an important, wealthy, intelligent man, climbing a tree to get a glimpse of Jesus, who he had heard of. He obviously was desperate. He didnt care who saw him, who whispered about him probably being crazy. He had to at least see Jesus. Jesus was so touched by his bold actions and knew the change in Zacchaeus heart, "Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost." I dont think it was coincidence Jesus was passing through when Zacchaeus reached out to Him. I think Jesus allowed this situation for many reasons, one being, if you're desperate enough for Me to do anything to get to Me, I will rescue you from yourself, and the life you have lived. Remember, to be "lost" you had to have once belonged to the owner.

My dear sweet, "wonder woman" friend, Dana (whose blog I follow), brought us homemade Italian with all the fixings. Now let me tell you, she has 3 girls and 6 month old twin boys, all under 8 years old, she runs marathons and made time to make us supper! It makes me tired just thinking about it. Her family is very special to me. Dana and I have known each other since kindergarten and cheered together. She told me how they pray for us every night, knowing that her twins were prayed all the way into her arms. It means so much to have friends and family let you know they are standing in agreement with you over something in your life.

On a slightly different subject, today I read a verse that went along with the verses I mentioned last post, Proverbs 1:7-9 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching. They will be a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck." I wish I knew more about the culture of the time and how to research it to find out the dressings it describes and what that represents. I do pray the Lord will give me the qualities necessary to raise my children to fear Him (not like a scared fear, but respect and honor fear, a fear of love, like you would fear causing someone you love pain) and to repsect, honor, and listen to our guidance as their parents.

My boss is having her twin girls tonight. I pray she will have comfort, and an easy delivery with them.

Faithfully His,

Mika

No comments:

Post a Comment