Friday, March 20, 2009

Under the Weather

Well, I've had a cold since last Thursday. I had a sore throat and laryngitis. The hoarsness seamed to go away on Sunday, but the "barky" dry cough, and sore throat has remained. Dr. Ramsey's nurse called me in arythromicyn, or the Z pak, to get rid of this congestion in my sinuses before next week. On top of having migraine headaches from hormones during pregnancy, now I've had them because of the sinus pressure. I've had a low grade fever, so I've been taking tylenol as well. I pray I wll not have any of these symptoms by Friday. I'm gonna try to rest this weekend and then next week try to get the house cleaned up, so I can be lazy in a clean house post op. I told Matt to be ready to be at my service!!! Tobi's gonna spend the night with Nana and Papa on Friday night. So that will be a good time for Matt and I to spend some time watching a movie and talking. Today when I was reading my devotional the scripture was Genesis 18:1-15. It was when Abraham and Sarah were told that by the next year that the Lord came to them, they would have a Son. Sarah actually laughed to herself, (as of the Lord didnt know), and said something to her self like, "yeah right, I'm old and worn out and so is my husband and you're gonna give us a child now?" I'm sure she was surprised when the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say will I really have a child , now? Is anything too hard for the Lord? " She tried to lie and say she didnt laugh, and He said, "yes you did". As I read it, I was not only reminded that He is faithful to His word, and also, He knows when we doubt. Although Satan makes it difficult, and throws at us worry, fear, anxiety, doubt, we have to verbally speak the promises of God, and remember, Numbers 23:19 "God is not man, that should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?" and one of my favorites of His faithfulness, Hebrews 10:23 (another 23 for those of you who know my family!) " Let us hold unswervingly to the HOPE we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Wow. That was written for me, and for you. Well, I will post again soon.

Faithfully His,

Mika
Mika

1 comment:

  1. Mika, I hope you are feeling better now! It is so difficult to treat anything when you are pregnant.
    The verses today are beautiful! I needed to hear them as well~
    Feel better, enjoy your quiet time!
    ♥,Lilly

    ReplyDelete