Friday, April 10, 2009

"Good" Friday






This was my first time to be off for Good Friday, in almost 9 years of working at BCBSAL. Being in the finance department, and not customer service, we get to enjoy the company holiday. It's awesome to work for a company that recognizes the importance of this day. Good Friday. Hmm. I'm not sure about that title. Yes it was good for us, but so horrible for Jesus. Maybe it should be called Victory Friday, or even Dark Friday. Besides Christmas, this is the most important weekend of the year. Like everyone else, I too enjoy the Easter egg hunts, the Easter bunny, and baby chicks, but as with most important issues, our society loses sight of the true meaning of holidays, and why we celebrate them.

Today Lord, help me and my family to reflect on this terrible day in history, that you and your Father could so easily have said, "No" to, but you became the slaughtered sacrificial Lamb to not just cover our sin, but deem us righteous in His sight. I thank you so much for your victory that we share over sin and death. It's also a sad time for me in that I dont get to buy the cute little 8 month old girl dress for my precious Layah, but I know You have dressed her in perfection in Heaven each day, but I'm sure something special on this day. So this year, I will not only mourn and celecbrate your death and resurrection, but also my precious Layah Faith's. Kiss her for me, and make sure she knows I will always try my hardest to make her proud, as I make You proud. I love you both with all my heart and soul.

Faithfully Yours,

Mika

No comments:

Post a Comment