Thursday, November 12, 2009

We prayed for you...

On Tuesday my dear friend Johanna text me that she was on her way to the doctor, to see if she was pregnant, as she had invitro done a couple of weeks before. She was not hopeful as she'd taken a test the day before and it was negative. I had a neurology apt at St. Vincent's and decided to drop off her gift at her husband's office, (he's a cardiologist at St. Vincent's). I had the book "Safe in the Arms of God" that I read after Layah died, as well as a prayer cross that was blue with tiny baby feet print in it's center, and a card. She text me later that she was not. My heart broke for her. I know she was devastated. I know she was angry, and frustrated and depressed and just very, very disappointed. I had no words that would less the pain that she was feeling. You don't wont to hear, "well maybe next month", or "well you can always adopt" or things that people say with good intentions but are inappropriate. I text her that I personally know His timing is perfect, although she didn't want to hear that either. After I got her bad news, I recalled a little onsie I'd seen at Christmas Village, and had decided I could make one for Luke. It was a simple onsie with feet on it, (his feet are so big, I ended up just putting one foot on it!), with the verse "I Samuel 1:27-28 27 I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." And he worshiped the LORD there." I had forgotten exactly which verse it was, so I ended up reading the whole chapter. It was very interesting. This woman, Hannah, was a wife and had no children. Her husband had another wife who had children, so she felt very inadequate compared to his other wife, however her husband, Elkanah, would give Hannah double her portion even though, "the Lord had closed her womb". The other wife was mean and rubbed the fact her womb was closed in her face. Then in verse 10 and 11 it says "In bitterness of soul Hannah wept much and prayed to the LORD. 11 And she made a vow, saying, "O LORD Almighty, if you will only look upon your servant's misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the LORD for all the days of his life, and no razor will ever be used on his head." This spoke to me about Johanna. I text her to read it and later she too agreed that she felt that the Lord was speaking to her through it. Later on in the chapter it says, "Elkanah lay with Hannah his wife, and the LORD remembered her. 20 So in the course of time Hannah conceived and gave birth to a son. She named him Samuel, saying, "Because I asked the LORD for him." It stuck out at me the part about "so in the course of time" because Johanna has been so concerned about her "clock" ticking. I just know that she will be blessed with a child. I cant wait for God to show himself to her through this trying time. Later on in the chapter it said this, "So the woman stayed at home and nursed her son until she had weaned him.
24 After he was weaned, she took the boy with her, young as he was, along with a three-year-old bull,
an ephah
of flour and a skin of wine, and brought him to the house of the LORD at Shiloh. 25 When they had slaughtered the bull, they brought the boy to Eli, 26 and she said to him, "As surely as you live, my lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the LORD. 27 I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." And he worshiped the LORD there." Johanna said that she put that verse in her car. I felt the power of that verse for Luke too. We prayed for him and the Lord granted me what I asked of Him. Thank you Lord, beyond what my words can express, for your amazing love, grace, mercy, favor and blessing you've given me and my family. I pray you will help us raise Luke to serve and worship you all the days of his life.


Faithfully His,

Mika

No comments:

Post a Comment