Thursday, October 8, 2009

So Blessed beyond belief


Getting some sun to get the bilirubin down, October 2nd,2009
It's seems as though time speeds up when you are just having the most wonderful time. I cant believe Luke is already 11 days old. I just soak up each day with him, as I know this newborn time, will be gone in a flash. Each moment I look at his precious face, tiny fingers and toes, and just gaze into his eyes, I feel like I'm truly experiencing a little bit of heaven, knowing he's come from where his sister is, where our Heavenly Father is. I read a devotional today wit the verse John 15:9-17 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other." The story was of a pilot who was caring a load of ammunition made the ultimate sacrifice of crashing his plan in a bay rather than ejecting and letting the plan crash in a populated neighborhood. It was just a reminder to me of 2 sacrifices. I believe that the Lord may have allowed Layah to chose to give up herself and her life with us, for her brother, Luke. I know some may question this belief, but considering the verse above, and that Jesus willingly gave himself up as the ultimate sacrifice for us, I totally believe that with Layah's spirit being mature, she was able to make this choice. I don't know why, but I believe that God has something amazing planned for Luke. I pray over him daily that the Lord will continue to protect him and Tobi from things of this world and the enemy, as well as that He would plant the seed of purpose in Tobi and Luke, as well as giving them a very sensitive spirit, so that they would accept Christ into his heart at a young age, allowing the Lord to work in a mighty way in each of my boys.
My heart has really been aching for Johanna, Amber, and Allison. Just knowing what joy and true bliss I am feeling now, I so long for each of them to experience this, Johanna and Amber for the first time, and Allison, once again. I ask that many of you pray for each of them, and that the Lord would heal their wombs, hearts, and emotions and would bless them with the gift of life this up coming year. To hear from a friend that a UAB L&D nurse told her that most of the young moms that give birth there do not want their babies in the room with them, but would rather them stay in the nursery most of their stay, breaks my heart, knowing of these moms, and having been one, who so desperately want a child to love and care for. Lord, please give these women who seek after your heart, the gift of life this year, as you have our family.
Faithfully His,
Mika

No comments:

Post a Comment