Monday, September 7, 2009

Ceasing the lies, Celebration, and Cerclages


I wanted to share a couple of verses lately that have really spoken to me. The first is, John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal, and kill and destroy; I have come so that you may have life, and have it to the full." So many times the troubles, trials, and turmoil we face we think it's something we caused, didn't stop, or deserved. I know because I've felt it a lot over the past 7 years with Tobi's extremely premature birth and fight to survive, and then Layah's extremely premature birth and her life here on with us ending so soon. That is a lie from the enemy. Yes, we all have fallen, and screwed up, but God's grace is immeasurable and His mercy inexhaustible. When we acknowledge those times in our lives, He "remembers our sin NO more". He can purposely forget, whereas we cannot, and Satan will try to remind us of our past mistakes. He will try to use it to get us to fall again, in whatever way he can to distance us from our loving Father. He wants nothing more than to separate us from relationships, with our spouses, family members, friends, and our Heavenly Father. If we feel guilt, shame, or unworthy, most times we will become more distant from those that need to know when we are struggling. But Jesus not only came to save us from ourselves, which was enough, salvation was enough. He also came so that this life here on earth would be full and free. Satan has lied to many women that I know, besides myself, that they will never be moms, or that they have failed their children who died, or that they will never have more children. I know this is just an attack of the enemy who knows these moms will raise Godly men and women who will do mighty things for the kingdom. He wants us all to give up. He wants us to give in to these lies and not fulfill God's will. For all of you that know I'm talking about you, He is faithful. He will bring life to your womb. He will bring laughter of children into your homes and hearts. Do NOT let Satan's lies sway your dreams and your hopes. The next verse I read was ,
Romans 8:31-39 "What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
There are so many parts of this verse that I was like, "wow". It just confirms what I just spoke of. Through what Christ did for us on the cross, we ARE victorers, and not victims. Nothing can separate us from God's love, and that also means His plans for us. We just have to commit to the process, as painful as it may be.

Tomorrow is going to be an eventful day. Tobi is turning 7 years old tomorrow. It's so hard to believe it's been that long since we woke up and had to rush to UAB to have Tobi within 59 minutes of when the parking ticket was pulled and when they removed Tobi from my womb by c-section, all the fears and terror, a distant memory. To see him so full of life, and whole, is just another confirmation in God's miraculous hands through prayer and medicine. Tobi has been through so much and I know his name was given to him through us by God for a reason, Tobias, "Yahweh is good", and Gabriel, "the messenger". He has great things planned for Tobi, and I cant wait to see it fulfilled. Tomorrow we also have the cerclage removed. I have to admit I'm a bit scared. It's suppose to be done in the office, as long as it is visible to the doc, and is not embedded or going to be difficult to remove, otherwise, they'll take me over to the hospital to remove it. Joey said he's never had a patient who went into labor after having the cerclage removed. I pray that I will not be the exception, as I have been in so many other areas of the medical teams experience. Please pray that Luke will stay in at least 2 more weeks after the stitch is removed, if that is what will continue to keep him healthy. I know the Lord will do what is best for Luke. We are very excited about meeting him soon. Please pray that my fears for him will be calmed, and I will have that peace that passes all understanding that I've felt on those occasions when there should be no sense of peace. Thank you dear friends for your kind words, and uplifted prayers. He hears us and responds.

Faithfully His,

Mika

1 comment: